The effects of ageing on the body can cause symptoms such as:
- poor balance
- general stiffness
- back, neck and arm pain
- hip and knee pain and stiffness
- arthritis and joint swelling
- high blood pressure.
Osteopathic treatment can go a long way towards relieving these distressing conditions. If surgery is also required, the post operative recovery period can be prolonged and painful. Osteopathy can be extremely helpful during the recuperation period. Osteopathy’s safe, gentle and effective techniques aim to maintain your health, increase mobility, improve balance, prevent further joint wear and tear, and help keep you active and independent.
Many older Australians mistakenly believe that the effect of ageing on their body’s joints is untreatable and inevitable, and they have no alternative but to learn to live a lesser life with their pain.Keeping mobile is the key to your health, happiness and independence. Osteopaths can offer treatment and advice to help harness your body’s natural healing systems—improving mobility, circulation and balance, reducing joint stiffness and helping you lead a more fulfilling life.
Osteopaths can provide:
- safe, gentle and effective treatment to keep your body balanced and mobile
- home exercises to keep you stronger and more flexible
- advice on nutrition
- guidance about outdoor exercising, such as a daily walk to keep your circulation healthy and maintain muscle tone
- advice about gentle stretches to help maintain joint and muscle flexibility and assist in preventing injuries
- information about therapies like Tai Chi, yoga or gym-based training which can maximise your balance and strength.
As we get older, the body loses elasticity—increasing the chance of injuring the soft tissues and bony structures. The body also loses some of its ability to recover from injuries or strains. Osteopaths can work with other health practitioners to ensure a holistic approach to your health care.
Balanced Life Osteopathy provides a discount for Pensioners.